I just bought a Nokia Lumia 900 only to find that Microsoft took a page from Apple's book and required the installation if iTunes Zune software in order to upgrade the phone. Ugh!
So, I download the installer and, of course, get 0x80007002 error installing the software. It tells me:
The media for installation package couldn't be found. It might be incomplete or corruptUh… What? It's a Self-Extracting EXE!
Here's what I tried:
- Download the "full version" (first one downloaded the installer to temp files) – FAIL
- Ran a Microsoft "FixIt" app that was supposed to .. you know.. Fix It? – FAIL
- Turned off the Firewall – FAIL
- Yelled at the Screen – FAIL
- "Unblocked" the EXE file and re-ran the installer – FAIL
- Decided to get insanely stupid and unzipped the file myself and ran the contained installer – Success!? (*facepalm*)
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot?
Apparently their "self-extracting" EXE is not very good at the job. Can't blame them, since self-extracting zip files is a really recent innova--- Wait! That technology has existed for decades!!
Come on guys! Maybe you need a refresher course!
("It's all ball bearings nowadays!")
So.. if you run into this, just unzip the thing your damned self and call it a day!