I just upgraded a project from the Azure SDK 1.4 to SDK 1.5. I started getting the "Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly" warning on the Microsoft.ServiceBus.dll file.
I thought to myself, "Self, I've seen this before. You're just referencing the wrong copy of an assembly somewhere"
So, I checked every reference to Microsoft.ServiceBus.dll … Hmm… they're all correct. ??
I did a full rebuild… still there..
I did a super-duper clean (close the project, delete every "bin" and "obj" folder, open the project and rebuild)… nope…
Time to get medieval on this stuff… So, I opened the topmost assembly (in this case, my Web application assembly) in ILSpy. I stared looking through each and every referenced assembly until I found the culprit:
Microsoft's own Transient Fault Handling library (used for retrying database calls in Azure). Now, I've contacted the team who wrote that, hoping that they will update their NuGet package. Otherwise, I'll have to add that ugly Binding Redirect in my config file.
For now, I'll just stare at the warning for a while and hope the NuGet package gets a quick update